Friday, December 31, 2010

Day 3, More Green Tape Please!

I underestimated how much woodwork this room had, and therefore, how much Frog Tape I'd need to tape off the walls before painting it. It took me almost 2 hours to get everything taped off.
Progress at 11:45 am: Room is taped and I started painting the trim. 
There's nothing terribly exciting to report today, except that I finished painting the first coat of trim. I wish that I'd been able to finish, but as the natural light disappeared, it became difficult to see where I'd already painted and where I hadn't. It will have to wait until tomorrow.

In addition to the scaffolding and paint/primer combo that I mentioned in this post and this post, there are a couple of other "new to me" products that have made this paint job a little easier. One is Frog Tape, which in my humble opinion is far superior to the blue painter's tape we used in our old house. It leaves a nice clean line and doesn't pull the paint off the wall when you remove it.


The other is a paint additive called Floetrol. When mixed into latex paint, it will slow the drying time thus reducing brush strokes. It is supposed to give latex paint the appearance of oil based paint without the smell. I'm using it in the trim paint and have been happy with the results so far. 


That's it for today. If all goes well, I'll have pictures of the finished room in the next post :)
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...