Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Wallpaper, Round 3

While still a sensitive subject here on Hazard Ave, I've come to terms with the fact that there will be no Brunschwig & Fils' Lhasa wallpaper hung in our new powder room. Finding that perfect print, however, did help us narrow down the choices for the next round of the search, a blue and white chinoiserie/toile.
I came across a close match: The Vase by David Hicks for Clarence House
Jennifer Dengel
I also showed Chris an online swatch of Shumacher's Chiang Mai Dragon in the China Blue colorway,  which he loved and kept referring to as "The Dragon".

Schumacher
The nice lady at the wallpaper shop provided us with samples of each.



While The Vase is beautiful, the side-by-side comparison made it an easy decision. We're going with "The Dragon", people!

(btw, I'm choosing to ignore anyone's attempt to call it trendy. I call it a classic).

There's just one teensy weensie problem...it is quite expensive. The way I see it, however, is that we're saving so much money by doing most of the work in this bathroom ourselves that we can afford to splurge on something we both love. If that isn't justification, I don't know what is. 

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...