Sunday, May 15, 2011

Master Bedroom

  Our Master Bedroom was the first room we tackled shortly after moving in. Like most people, we wanted a calm and serene space to retreat to at the end of a long workday. We also wanted a finished room in our home where we could escape all the construction debris and dust that comes with renovating a house. 

When we moved in, our room had nautical themed wallpaper and wallpaper border that I didn't waste any time removing. 

 It also had this strange light fixture in the hallway that we promptly got rid of.

Chris hung crown molding (which was a challenge due to the slanted walls), and I painted the walls light gray. 
I had been drooling over this Draper Stripe bedding from Dwell Studio for months. After the three days I spent stripping wallpaper, I decided that I in fact, deserved it for all of my hard work! Our rug is a $79 remnant that I just happened to find in the exact shade of gold as the bedding. It is almost like the rug and bedding were meant for each other.  Don't you just love when that happens?


Just recently, I found an old wingback at our local Salvation Army and had it recovered to match our headboard.  Seems Harry thinks I put it in our bedroom just for him.


I filled two pre-matted Target frames with inexpensive wrapping paper and hung them over the nightstands. This is supposed to be "temporary" art until I find something better to put in these frames.


We fell in love with this house because of all the old school charm and character it has. The stained glass in the door and the transom window above it is a good example. This door opens onto a back staircase that leads to the mudroom and kitchen, which has been pretty convenient for getting up for a glass of water in the middle of the night!


I still consider this room "a work in progress" (really, is a room ever done???), but it has already come a long way.



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...