Monday, June 13, 2011

Bloggers Gone Wild

Remember a couple of months ago when I met fellow New England bloggers Casey from Loft and Cottage and Sarah from Pewter and Sage? Well, we got together over the weekend for an action packed day of decorating, shopping, and antiquing.
Sarah and Casey
You may recall that the last time we got together, I won a room design consult by Casey.  She was gracious enough to come over to the house and offer up some free advice for my family room (but more on that in another post).

Then Casey, Sarah, and I hit the shops. I had my eye out for furnishings based on Casey's recommendations. First up was Comina, where we saw rugs like this...
lighting like this...
and lots of upholstery fabric...
Btw, Casey recommended that we buy a sofa that had a good percentage of synthetic fiber because my sofa will be positioned under a window where there is a lot of direct sunlight. Synthetic materials like microsuede or microvelvet won't fade like cotton will.

Our next stop was a shop called Butterfield. I really liked this coffee table, but it was $1200.
Beautiful (expensive!) pillows
A pretty vignette

Then we hit an antique mall...
I snagged a kind of creepy, but kind of funky, framed oil painting of Abraham Lincoln. The best part is that it was marked down to $25 from $240!
Back at my house, we tried him in a couple of different spots. He'll be hanging out (no pun intended) in our dining room.
The girls and I think he'll make an ironic statement, especially once the renovations are complete and our home is completely updated. My only fear is that old honest Abe is going to catch me by surprise and scare me.  I don't want him following me with his eyes when I walk through the room. Yikes!

Thanks for visiting, ladies! I had such a fun day and I already can't wait until the next time we get together.

P.S. Be sure to stop by Sarah and Casey's blogs for more images of our day!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...