Monday, June 27, 2011

Columbus Area Parade of Homes

Every year, Chris and I try to plan a visit to see my parents in Columbus, Ohio area during the BIA Parade of Homes. Have you ever been to a Parade of Homes? It is when several area builders complete brand new homes in a designated area, furnish and decorate them, put them up for sale, then open them up to the public for a limited time and a small fee.  To my family, this is practically a national holiday and we try to get together for the big event. Unfortunately, things didn't work out this year and Chris and I couldn't go.

Not to worry, because my parents updated us with pictures throughout the day while on their tour. I have to share these mostly because my Dad's commentary cracked me up.


"Here is an idea of molding going up the stairs. I did this in our house in NH. They copied my idea."

"Does the wallpaper look a little familiar? It's actually cloth. You may be starting a trend."
 "I know this must look familiar. This is the floor in one of the bathrooms. They copied Chris' design."

Clearly the apple doesn't fall far from the tree.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...