Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Black Fireplaces

You may recall that we're considering painting the bricks of our fireplace a darker color, like charcoal gray or black, as part of our family room makeover. Here's a current picture to give you an idea of what we're working with
I'll admit that I was a bit hesitant when Casey first suggested it, but she knows what she's doing, so I sought out a couple examples to see for myself.

The first was sent to me by the lovely Camille of the Vintique Object who's been thinking about doing the same with her fireplace.
Chris Barrett Design (Loma Linda Drive)
And some others...
2011 HHL Living Room contemporary living room

Lonny July/Aug 2011
Lonny March/April 2011
Hmmm, I don't know about this one. Perhaps if it wasn't painted with high gloss paint I'd like it more. 
Lonny Dec 2010
Lonny Oct/Nov 2010
Lonny April/May 2010
Beach Studios
Atlanta Homes
Beach Studios
I agree with Casey and think it will look good. It will certainly give our room the "Beacon Hill Brownstone Chic" vibe we're going for.

And if not, it is just paint, right?

Have you made any gutsy design decisions in your home recently? 


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...