Monday, August 22, 2011

Family Room Wallpaper

 Remember when Chris and I toured this open house while we were visiting San Francisco? It was covered in grasscloth. As soon as I walked through the door I knew we needed to have grasscloth somewhere in our house. It made this San Francisco home feel so warm, sophisticated, and RICH.
What?
Oh, it was the $2,275,000 asking price that made it feel so rich?
Whatever. It is exactly the feeling I want to have in my Beacon Hill Brownstone Chic family room and I'd like to think that the grasscloth had something to do with that.

So the decision to use grasscloth wallpaper in our family room was a no brainer, but which color? Which texture? Faux or real?

Well, the faux or real question was an easy one. There's actually faux grasscloth on our family room walls now and I hate it. Sure, faux grasscloth has come a long way since the 60's or 70's when ours was probably hung, but unless we were planning to put it in a bathroom where moisture is a factor or in an insanely high traffic area, we'll stick with the real thing.

As for choosing a color and texture, I just had to see for myself.  I ordered some samples and while my parents were in town visiting last week, my Mom and I spent an afternoon picking our favorite.

 Ugh. I can't wait to put that sorry old wallpaper out of its misery...
 And the winner is...
 First one from the top!
It's not too dark, not too light, not to beachy, and not too brown. It has a beautiful spun gold color & texture.

Since we're keeping the bamboo shades and adding white curtains, my Mom wanted to see how that would look. So we hung the sample in our office where that situation is already going on.
 Not bad.

Finally, here's the winner with all the fabrics going in the room.

Are you as excited as I am?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...