Friday, August 19, 2011

Stick 'Em Up

I have a new paint gun, and I'm not afraid to use it.
Chris built our nephew, Carter, a miniature sized picnic bench for his 1st Birthday using free plans he found online.

The deal was that Chris would build the table and I would paint it and we'd both be able to participate in making Carter's gift.
 I'll be honest with you, I was dreading having to paint all the little gaps and corners.
So it was serendipitous that I read Danielle's post on the subject just before heading out to Home Depot to pick up my paint supplies.  $70 bucks spent on a new sprayer, some bright red exterior paint and I was in business.
 Not only was this the funnest "chore" I've done in a while, but I had the whole thing painted in less than 20 minutes. Maybe it was only 15 minutes. I don't know exactly but it was really speedy.
 It was also really easy to use. The precision of the paint stream was really remarkable. No cloud of paint like you get with a can of spray paint!
and no horrible spray paint fumes.

Easy peasey.
I can't even begin to tell you what a time saver this will be for future Hazardous Design projects!

Eventually Carter will learn that that he's supposed to sit at the table and not stand on it :)


By the way, I'm guest posting today over at Room Rx as part of Cathy's Fresh Fabric Fridays series. My subject? The beautiful, vintagey, outrageous florals of Designer's Guild. Head on over and take a look!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...