Friday, August 12, 2011

Trimmed Out

We finished our powder room renovation a couple months ago, but the room still needed something on the window for privacy. I had ordered an inexpensive roman blind from JC Penny a while ago with intention of applying grosgrain ribbon to the edges, but it took me until last weekend to actually do it.
I don't know why it took me so long...it was actually quite easy. I just used double sided hem tape.
Look, I even mitered the corners with some creative folding and fabric glue!
 The shade has these steep ridges where the folds are. I pinned the ribbon and hem tape in place and ironed away. To get a straight edge on the side, I followed the stitching of the hem.
(Btw, here's the link to the shade I purchased. It isn't the highest quality, but it was on sale and super cheap. I think with shipping I ended up paying around 20 bucks.)
 One side down, one more to go.
Here's what it looks like in the room after the Hubs hung it for me.
 

Just the perfect custom touch for our powder room. 



The DIY Show Off









Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...