Friday, September 23, 2011

Really Big Houses

Remember when Chris's parents came to town? Well, in addition to taking them to a polo match, we also treated them to a sailboat ride in Narragansett Bay, RI.
I know, we're really fabulous hosts.
Let me re-live the experience for you. 
Hop aboard! My name is Carrie and I'll be your tour guide. Forget about the water and beautiful scenery, I'm just going to show you some extraordinary houses! 


Some of these homes are so big and grand that they have names. The one below is called Horsehead-Marbella. The founder of the Wharton School lived here. Joseph Wharton originally named it Marbella, but it later came to be known as Horsehead because of a rock formation on the property that looks like a horse's head.

And this one? Hammersmith Farm.
History buffs might recognize this as the childhood home of Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis. It also served as the location of the wedding reception of Jacqueline and John F Kennedy.


This "little" yellow victorian is my favorite. It has me thinking we should consider pale yellow as an option when we paint our house next summer.

(Um yes, I did feel a little bit like a celebrity stalker taking pictures of famous houses from a boat with a zoom lens...)

Hope you have a great weekend!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...