Wednesday, October 26, 2011

The One That Almost Got Away

A couple of weeks ago, I popped into my local Salvation Army on the off chance I'd see something for our family room.
I nearly fell over when I saw this puppy.

 This glass table was part of set including two side tables with a price tag of $99. It was nearly identical to this acrylic one I'd had my eye on from CB2.

My thought process:
I haven't sold Chris on the CB2 one yet...what if I go through all the trouble of getting the set home and he hates it...wait, how would I get all of this home? Chris has the pickup truck...plus, I only want the coffee table, what would I do with two side tables I don't want?...I don't have any cash on me...how come I never have cash on me when I need it???

So with no cash, no truck, and no word from Chris that he liked it I just walked away.

Later that day I got in touch with Chris and he agreed to check it out when he got home from work. When we finally got there, I found a big fat SOLD sign on two of the tables..
Are you KIDDING me?
I should have just bought it when I saw it! I should have put it on hold!

But wait...why was the sold sign only on the side tables and not the coffee table? Maybe the person who bought the set only wanted the side tables...

I tracked down 3 store employees to finally get to the boss lady in charge. She said that someone bought the set but only wanted the side tables so donated the coffee table
back to the store. She just hadn't put a new sticker on the coffee table yet!

She sold it to me for $50.

After we brought it home and I was cleaning it up, I noticed the branding on one of the legs.
It didn't take me long to find it online.

Available for $713.40!!!

And to think I almost let it get away...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...