Monday, October 17, 2011

Our Fireplace's Dark Side

Chris and I made a ton of progress in the family room over the weekend. Like I mentioned last week, Chris started beefing up the existing crown molding.
He's not quite finished yet, so more to come on that next week.
In the meantime, I caulked and prepped the walls for wallpaper using a product recommended by our wallpaper guy.
 I had it tinted to the shade of the grasscloth we're using. It isn't an exact match, but it is close enough so that if wall shows through the seams over time, it won't be obvious.
 Let me tell you how nice it is to not be looking at the skim coat anymore. It is starting to actually look like a room now!
 But the highlight of our weekend was painting the fireplace.
  It would have gone a lot faster if Georgia hadn't tried to help...
I used "Rock Bottom"by Sherwin Williams in an eggshell finish.  (I'll need to use a sealer on the mantel so that it will be easy to clean.)  I love the way it turned out. Dark and sophisticated.
Beacon Hill Brownstone Chic here we come!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...