Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Take Two

Do you remember the occasional chair I purchased for $30 at the Salvation Army?
Well, the plan is to use it in the renovated family room after it has been reupholstered. I ran into a little setback the last time I attempted to paint it and have only now had a chance to devote any time to it.
It was looking like this when we left off.
Then I got the go ahead from the upholster to strip the entire thing down to the frame.
So I made it look like this:
My paint sprayer made painting this bad boy an easy job.
Here it is all painted and waiting to be picked up by the reupholster.
I used Valspar's Ebony Field. It is a shade of green/charcoal/black that goes perfectly with Schumacher's Betwixt fabric.

Only two days after the upholsterer picked up the chair, I got a call that it was finished!
So along with all the other furnishings that we've already accumulated for the family room, the chair is hanging out in our formal living room waiting to be moved into its intended location.
Just a few more weeks...


Also, if you are curious to hear more about how we transformed our Powder Room, head over to Cottage & Vine where I'm participating in Rene's series, "My Favorite Room" today. Cottage & Vine is a fantastic blog full of eye candy and inspiration. Warning, you're not going to be able to tear yourself away!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...