Friday, October 21, 2011

Why You Should Listen To Your Mother-in-Law

When my in-laws were visiting back in September, an additional wallpaper sample arrived. It came long after I'd already made my decision about which color I wanted, so I didn't think anything of it.
My original selection
But my mother-in-law suggested that I consider the new sample it because it was a touch lighter and more neutral.
Nope. I was sticking with my decision.

Fast forward to last week when I finally placed the order. I got a call the next day that it was backordered until JANUARY 2012.
WHAT?!?!?

That's okay. Chris and I decided that we could hold out until then. At least it wasn't out of stock.

So I primed the walls with the wall prep tinted the color of the grasscloth and we've since had a chance to see what it looks like throughout the course of the day.
Hmmmmm. Perhaps it is a tad too dark after all...maybe a bit too "gold" also...
My original choice is the one on the left. The new sample is the one on the right.
So I changed our order to the paper my mother-in-law suggested in the first place.
Which, unfortunately, is also backordered.
Rats...

As far as we are concerned, our new selection is close enough to the tinted primer, so we're not going to bother re-priming the walls.

Thank's Renee :)
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...