Friday, November 11, 2011

Shopping for Inspiration

Last weekend was one of the first weekends in a long time that Chris and I were able to relax and have some fun instead of working on the family room. It was so nice! While we were out having lunch, I made Chris go with me to one of my favorite home stores, Butterfield, where I saw this Mitchell Gold + Bob Williams chair.
 I can't remember the price exactly, just that it was 20% off expensive.

I told Chris that they'll look just amazing in our someday dining room...

Sorry, I don't have a source for these images...anyone know?
To which he replied that upholstered dining chairs just aren't practical because of food stains.
I told him they are very practical for people who don't spill food while they are eating. Duh!

In the event that we don't win the lottery before we renovate our dining room, we'll be choosing a less expensive chair.
Like this $239 version from the Home Decorator's Collection.
Here's another option. $299.

This $219 version would work also. Especially since there's a turquoise fabric option available.


This one has a great pull ring on the back like in the inspiration photo. $149.

Or this one from Ballard Designs ($578-$815 depending on fabric choice).
Too bad the dining room reno is at the bottom of our list of priorities.
Then again, that gives me plenty of time to sell Chris on the idea of upholstered chairs...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...