Monday, January 23, 2012

Putting It Back Together Again...

We (and by "we", I mean Chris) have been making great progress in the guest bath. You can catch up where we left off here.

Remember where the ugly three pane inset mirror used to be?
Going...
Going...
Gone. 
 I asked Chris for crown molding, but he said he needed to build a soffit first to manage the slope in the wall (Truthfully, I think he just likes to make soffits).
 We also had a plumber come to install our new tub. It is so much nicer than the almond colored one we had previously.
 Next Chris installed new cement board to line the tub walls
 and applied Red Guard as a water barrier.
 As a result, this is what our shower currently looks like.
I painted the ceiling of the bathroom light turquoise. I think it will contrast nicely with all of the white that will be in the room.
Phew. I'm glad that's all over with. This is always the phase of the project I enjoy the least. All the dirt, construction materials, and tools lying everywhere really start to irk me after a couple of days.  Good thing that it won't be much longer until we get to the fun stuff. New paint on the walls, countertop, and tile are thankfully close behind.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...