Monday, March 12, 2012

Beds in Front of Windows

I used to think that positioning a bed in front of a window was a big decorating no-no, until I saw these images.
Atlanta Homes & Lifestyles
Lonny Dec/Jan 2010

Better Homes and Gardens
Lonny Jul/Aug 2011
Lonny Dec 2010

In thinking about redecorating our master bedroom, I'd like to change the layout of the furniture.  Right now the headboard is against the largest windowless wall in the room, but this bothers me because you can't see it from the entrance. I like when you walk into a bedroom and BAM! the bed (along with the nightstands, bedding, etc) is the focal point. 

The challenge in our bedroom is was that the "best" wall for making the bed a focal point has a window smack dab in the center of it. Doesn't seem to be an issue anymore. 

What is still an issue is that the "best" wall is also sloped, which presents a window treatment challenge that I'm going to have to find a way to work around.

Look at me. I'm breaking rules left and right. 
What are your thoughts on positioning a bed in front of windows? 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...