Friday, March 9, 2012

It Was Meant To Be

I saw this rug last October at the antique mall. At only $175 for a 9 x 12 it was the deal of the century, but Chris vetoed it (for reasons I'm still unclear on). I didn't have a room to use it in anyway, so I let it go.
But I couldn't stop thinking about it.
As the months went by, I'd check on it whenever I went to the antique mall. Amazingly, it was still there...waiting just for me.
At some point it occurred to me that the rug would look great in our bedroom, so I began my campaign to convince Chris. I talked and talked and talked and talked about how great it would look in our room until he got tired of hearing about it and gave in.
Anyway...
I drove to the antique mall the very next chance I got and the rug became MINE! Of course, I couldn't take it home with me because it's underneath a pile of crap, but I am okay with that. I waited this long, what's a couple more days?
Now my vision for our bedroom is starting to come together. In fact, don't you think my new rug will look lovely with this pair of alabaster lamps?
 It's like they were meant to be together. 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...