Friday, March 2, 2012

Shower Curtain, DIY Style

2 flat bedsheets + 6 yards of fancy trim + 1 double shower rod = this:
That's right, it is THAT easy!
I'll break it down for you.
I purchased 2 inexpensive flat twin sized cotton sheets. The length of twin sheets are universally 96 inches,  which is exactly what I needed to get the floor to ceiling height I wanted.
I also wanted the curtain to hang like actual drapes from the rod, instead of from the usual shower curtain rings.
I got that by cutting tabs out of the top hem of the sheet, 2 inches per tab and about 5 inches between. I used pinking shears to cut the tabs so that they wouldn't fray. I left all the other hems on the sheets intact. No sewing!
Then I used fabric glue to adhere the trim to the inside of each panel. Still no sewing!
Then Chris mounted a double shower rod and I hung both of the panels on the outside rod. A 96 inch long plastic shower curtain liner hangs from the inner rod on shower rings. When used, the outside panels are intended to stay stationary while the inner shower curtain liner can easily be opened and closed to keep the water in. 

It couldn't have been easier, and I am so happy with the way it came out. 
By now you've probably noticed that the bathroom is looking pretty much done :) 
Just a few more finishing touches and we'll be ready to share the reveal on Monday. 
Have a great weekend! 

Update: Click here to see our finished guest bathroom! 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...