Wednesday, May 9, 2012

It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year

Before moving to Hazard Ave, I used to check the real estate listings in our area every single day to see what was new to the market. Not necessarily because we were seriously looking for a new house, but because I was interested in seeing what else was out there.
As it turns out, one spring morning two years ago I saw a fixer upper in a neighborhood we loved, saw that it was in our price range, and made an appointment "just to check it out".
As they say, the rest is history.
I don't check the listings as often anymore, but can't help but get excited about all the new activity this time of year. I especially love when the houses that you've long admired from the street finally go up for sale so you can see what they look like inside (and quite frankly, how much $$$ their asking).

If I were in the market for a new home (with an unlimited budget), I'd be all over this Boston town home. Available for $2,195,000. See complete listing here.
I could be convinced to move into this NYC town home too.
If I had $6,495,000.
See listing here.


I'd buy this one in San Francisco just for the charming garden patio. Offered at $1,995,000 available here.


But this one is more my speed. A $849,000 fixer-upper in nice San Francisco neighborhood. Listing here.


Can't you see the potential?
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...