Monday, May 7, 2012

That Was Easy

Notice anything different? 
I'll refresh your memory. This was the view in our backyard last week.
As luck would have it, our sweet old lady neighbor had her house repainted
One day last week her painter rang our doorbell and asked if he could use our backyard to paint her garage. 
Um, YES PLEASE! 
He told me that he wouldn't have been able to get back there with the metal fence in the way. It was good timing that Chris and I took the fence down when we did! 

You may have also noticed that the metal fence posts are gone too. It turns out that our solution for removing them was way easier than we had anticipated. After we took the fence down, we had rolls of discarded metal fencing that we didn't know what to do with. In a stroke of brilliance, I searched Craigslist for "scrap metal" in the farm and garden services category and found someone offering to pick up scrap metal for free. 
I called the guy and he showed up 15 minutes later, loaded his truck up with our trash, and turned to leave. Almost as an afterthought, he pointed to the metal posts and asked if he could take those too. 
Um, YES PLEASE! 
He borrowed Chris's Sawsall, loaded it up with a metal cutting blade, and proceeded to take down the poles. He had them both out in less than 5 minutes.

"Oh", I thought to myself, "That was easy."

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...