Friday, July 20, 2012

Sails Up

A few months ago, I wrote a blog post about wanting to start a gallery wall of sailboat art somewhere in my house. Cassie of Primitive and Proper responded by sending me the sweetest surprise in the mail:
Partially inspired by Wednesday's post and partially inspired by the watercolor I picked up at Brimfield last weekend, I decided it was time to do something with them.

First I made some adjustments.
I pulled out the brass hook.
I affixed new picture hangers to each. 
Then I painted the dark wooden frames gray using some leftover paint we had, and hung them up in the dining room. I decided to only hang four. The fifth one seemed like it didn't belong. 
 Now we have a terrific new view from the dining room table.
 Thanks again Cassie!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...