Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Shopping Daze

While Chris was installing new windows in our garage last Saturday, I spent the morning scouting hardware for the front door. The hardware we have now is horribly mismatched and in bad shape despite my attempts to polish it.

I found just about everything I was looking for at Adler's Design Center & Hardware in Providence, RI.  Adler's is a family owned business that offers a more decorative selection than the usual big box stores (including trade-only wallpaper and fabrics).

I walked in there looking for oil rubbed bronze, but fell in love with this Emtek handle set in a silver patina finish. It looks like silver leaf.

Love these glass knobs.


 Some possible mailbox slot replacements

I rented shutter hardware so that we can choose a shutter dog style.

 On my way home, I passed through a neighborhood with a bunch of restaurants and shops called Wayland Square. I had to stop and look when I saw all the people milling around and lots of goods out on the sidewalk.

One of my favorite shops, Comina, had these gorgeous pagoda lamps by Worlds Away. The best part is that they can be customized in any Benjamin Moore color. I'll be saving up for two of these to put in my living room. 

Whoa! Bins of John Robshaw and Matouk linens were 50% off at Wendy Brown Fine Linens.


I couldn't resist taking home some Matouk pillow cases and a boudoir pillow.
Now, that's what I call a successful shopping trip.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...