Monday, August 20, 2012

Just in the Nick of Time

I received this alarming text from my neighbor Saturday morning while we were out:

"It doesn't look like you guys are around but your entire front porch fell and is laying on your bushes."

Then when I didn't respond (dead cell phone battery),
"It was a disaster-we moved it into your driveway. I wish I took a pic before we moved it :)"

Yikes!

This is what we came home to:
Gee, not having the railing there really opens up the front of the house, doesn't it?

Luckily, Chris was already making good progress on the railing (under the supervision of Georgia and Harry).




He already had plans to remove that portion of the porch over the weekend anyway. However it was really nice of Mother Nature and the force of gravity to help him out.


Hello new balustrade!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...