Friday, September 21, 2012

Upstairs, Downstairs

With the exterior painting scheduled to begin this week (and hopefully finishing shortly after), Chris and I are beginning to concentrate on our next project: The foyer, staircase, & hallways.
The hallways & stairs are centrally located in the house, so cleaning them up will surely make a big impact.
Here are pictures I took just shortly after moving in.
Downstairs hallway just inside the front doors.

Upstairs landing (That's our master bedroom straight ahead. The guest bath is to the left)
Close up of the sconces upstairs
Upstairs hallway (facing the front of the house)
There's a lot of potential here- I especially love how open and bright the upstairs hallway is-but there's also a lot that needs to be done. Right now it looks so old.
We're going to remove the wallpaper (it is vinyl and gross), refinish the stair treads and railing, hang picture molding and chair rail in the downstairs hallway, and paint all the dingy trim and doors bright white.

I got a head start two years ago when I painted the inside of the front doors black. According to those early blog posts, I was going to leave the wallpaper. Ugh! What was I thinking?


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...