Monday, October 8, 2012

Coloring On Walls


Eh...I know you are all eagerly anticipating pictures of our recently painted house, but she isn't quite ready for her big debut. We're waiting on our electrician to install the lighting. Waiting...waiting...waiting. Hasn't that been the theme of this entire project? I hope we won't have to wait too much longer.

Chris and I have been busy though.  Interested in an update of our hallway project?

Chris made scaled drawings of the hallway to help determine size and placement of the picture molding and chair rail. After several iterations, here's where we ended up.
(I'll note here that Chris's drawing was to scale until I mucked it up with the image of my new mirror. The mirror is is actually smaller than the panel will be.)
(Wait just another second... I see now that the molding to the right of doorway isn't right. I'll have to let my husband/designer/contractor know).

Where was I?
Oh yes.
We're also having the electrician wire for sconces, so the drawings helped us see where we should hang them in relation to the mirror and panels.  They'll go right smack in the middle of each panel to the right and left of the mirror. 

Now the fun part-- Drawing on the old wallpaper with a bright red marker to help see how it is going to look in real life. 


 Oops! Made a mistake there.
But get the picture?

14 comments:

Maury @ Life on Mars said...

This is going to look awesome! Since you're putting up all that moulding are you putting up boards right over the wallpaper or do you still have to remove all of it?

Lisa @ Shine Your Light said...

Oh my gosh - it's going to be amazing, Carrie & Chris!

Elizabeth@ Pine Cones and Acorns said...

Wow, your husband is talented with the drawing software!

I love the look of the hall, it is going to be beautiful!

I have to laugh because I have the same mirror but still have not found a place to hang it!

Lyndsay @ that 70s house said...

this is going to look AMAZING! I can't wait to see how it comes out!

DecorandtheDog said...

You're so fancy. How are we blog buddies? ;)

Sarah said...

Oooh, this looks fun!! He is so detailed...I guess that pays off in the end...measure twice, cut once:)

Ashley@AttemptsAtDomestication said...

This is going to look amazing when you're done! Can't wait to see how it all turns out!

Ashley said...

You and your husband are amazing! It seems like you both put so much thought into your renovation, and the results are impossible to deny. I'm so impressed by the scaled drawings!

Holly said...

Isn't it nice not to have to worry about messing up the walls - mess up away. And nice you can just draw right on them to view your thoughts. Great job guys!

Carol@TheDesignPages said...

Looking good. I'm always amazed when I see your home and how similar it is to a home we used to own. Even the slope of the wall here reminds me of our old hallway. Can't wait to see it all finished and beautiful.

Kelly @ View Along the Way said...

Yep, it's going to rock. I say just get started. Plan schman. :)

Cre8ive Motives said...

Patiently awaiting thee debut :) Can't wait to see it!

pam {simple details} said...

You have amazing taste and vision ~ can't wait to see it come together!

Nancy said...

wow! I love all the architectural details going in. You all are amazing. So glad someone with such good taste bought that house!
xo Nancy
Powellbrowerhome.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...