Friday, October 5, 2012

Good Things Come to Those Who Wait

Funny story about this huge, bamboo framed, crazy-awesome mirror.
I saw it for the first time six months ago at a rather pricey antique store not far from my house. It is the kind of antique store that is only open "by appointment" or if the owner happens to be there. The kind of antique store that doesn't put a price tag on anything. I make a point to stop in whenever I see that it is open just for inspiration.  

Six months ago when this mirror first caught my eye, I asked the owner how much she wanted for it. She gave me her price and I walked away because it was way more than I'd ever spend on a mirror. A few weeks ago I stopped back in and was surprised to see that the mirror was still available. I played dumb and I asked again how much she wanted for it.

This time she quoted me half of her original price. 

And that, my friends, is why it is now sitting in my family room waiting to be hung in our soon-to-be renovated hallway. 

17 comments:

The enchanted home said...

Love it! Love the design, the color and love most that it belongs to you....cannot wait to see it up!

Janna McCalley said...

Pretty! It's an awesome color too!

My Crafty Home Life said...

What a score. Great lesson in patience.

Cassie @ Primitive & Proper said...

patience pays off again! woo hoo!

Maury @ Life on Mars said...

It was meant to be! Love the mirror. So perfect for your hallway.

Jamie said...

You are awesome - what an incredible find.

Aubrey {All Things Bright and Beautiful} said...

Score!!! I love it when patience pays off! Great way to start off the weekend (c:

Heather (love your space) said...

what a great find! Love the shape and the color!

Amy@BuffaloRoam said...

Some things are just meant to be!

DecorandtheDog said...

I hate stores without prices. They make me all nervous. I may need to rethink them after seeing this mirror!

Sarah said...

Awesome! Way to wait that lady out:)

Camille said...

crazy awesome is right!

Holly said...

Woo hoo! Nice maneuvering Carrie - way to work it. And what a find.

Cre8ive Motives said...

Must have one...will own one... one day :)

Lisa - A Room with A View said...

I absolutely love the mirror. It is going to make a nice, bold statement in the space. I love those "meant to be" moments!

SHERRY HART said...

Way to wait her out!!! Love that mirror.

SHERRY HART said...

Way to wait her out!!! Love that mirror.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...