Friday, November 2, 2012

Shoulda Coulda Woulda But We Didn't...

I wanted to write up a follow up post to last week's exterior reveal with a couple of updates.
For one, our electrician replaced the old boring flood light over the garage with a brand new barn light.


Ah, the simple pleasures in life.

On another note, those who have been following along our decision making process may recall that we originally planned to use Benjamin Moore's Sailcloth as an accent color (under the bay window and the dormer "eyebrows"). As it turns out, Sailcloth ended up being way too light and didn't have enough contrast against the trim color. So we switched to Sherwin Williams's Chat Room at the last minute.
Sailcloth was the recommendation from BM's color professional. Sometimes professionals don't have all the answers.

And does anyone remember how Chris and I had agonized over whether to use the shutters that he found in our basement? We were on the fence about it right up to the point the painting started. We ultimately decided to hold off until after the painting was complete to see if the house still needed a little more "ooph".
I think it is fine without them. In my opinion, they'd just clutter things up. I'm not a big fan of clutter. It is true. My friends make fun of me.

But do you want to know what our house DOES need? Something planted in that bare flower bed alongside the driveway. I'm just horrible with landscape planning, but I'd like something simple and monochromatic like in these inspiration pictures I took last summer at the Columbus, Ohio Haus und Garten tour.



I'm not going to stress too much about it now. It won't be long before Old Man Winter solves that problem for me. At least until spring.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...