Monday, December 24, 2012

All I Want For Christmas...

As promised, the plasterer started our hallway and living room project right on schedule: 
"before Christmas". 

Seeing how today is Christmas Eve and there is still much work to be done, I'm afraid the beautiful tree I envisioned illuminating our bay window is going to have to wait until next year. 
I've been seriously stressing that the plasterers wouldn't finish in time for me to move the furniture back in the living room, decorate a tree, and make my house look "holiday perfect" in time for my guests. It is time to let all that go and accept that the situation is beyond my control.  

This afternoon my family will begin arriving from near and far. There will be plenty of laughter, good conversation, tasty food, and cute little babies to hug and kiss. I may not have a Christmas tree, but I do have a wonderful family to share the holidays with.  

So from myself, Chris, and our two furballs, 
MERRY CHRISTMAS AND HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

16 comments:

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

Well, you have next year to look forward to adding that tree and it will be beautiful.

Merry Christmas,

:) Kim

Giulia said...

Merry Christmas and a happy New Year to you!

Erin @ His and Hers said...

A wonderful family is all you need to have a wonderful holiday, so you'll be just fine! Merry Christmas, Carrie! :)

Cathy Wall said...

Way to roll with it Carrie, the family, laughter and merriment are what it is all about anyway! Merry, Merry!

Calypso In The Country said...

Merry Christmas to both of you and your two fur-balls!
Cheers! - Shelley

Julie Taylor and Danni Greenwalt said...

Carrie....I had to roll with it to this year...I bought some poinsettias and boxwood wreaths...my daughter thought it looked like Christmas even though we didn't have a tree. I have a fur ball that is the spitting image of yours. Have a wonderful Christmas...

Chris @ Berry Freckles said...

Hi Carrie. I can only imagine how stressful it's been hoping they'd finish in time but kudos to you for letting it go. And heck, your porch was decorated months ago ;)

Merry Christmas!
Chris @ berryfreckles.com

Cassie @ Primitive & Proper said...

just think how amazing it will look next year! and christmas isn't about all that anyhow- just enjoy it! :) merry christmas to you and yours, carrie!

Section 36 said...

Merry Christmas!

Kelly said...

Merry Christmas!!

Lisa @ Cozy Condo Living said...

Merry Christmas!

Lisa @ Shine Your Light said...

Hope you had a wonderful Christmas with your family, Carrie!!

Maury @ Life on Mars said...

Sometimes the best Christmas memories are made in the strangest circumstances. I remember my parents remodeled the house one year at Christmas and instead of a Christmas tree we pained one on the wall and the everyone painted on their ornaments. It was SUCH a great memory! Merry Christmas and Happy New Year Carrie!

Lisa - A Room with A View said...

I hope you had a very special Christmas, Carrie!

Jessica said...

I know you had a great Christmas even without a tree, but I wish you could have had one. So goes the life of someone renovating an old house!

Holly said...

Hope you had a great one Carrie. Christmas is all about the memories and I know you'll remember this one for sure - maybe the only year you'll be treeless!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...