Monday, December 10, 2012

BOSTONIA

Sorry for the lack of posts lately, friends. Truth is, we don't have a whole lot of action going down on Hazard Ave that's post worthy. We're waiting on the plasterer to do his thing before we can start doing our thing. Hopefully, he can get us on his schedule before Christmas. Waiting on this guy to start and finish is really putting a crimp in my holiday decorating plans. Did I mention we're hosting a houseful of holiday guests this year? Yeah, he BETTER get us on his schedule before Christmas.

The irony is not lost on me that if we'd done the work ourselves, it would be done by now.

Soooooo, we're taking advantage of the break in the project schedule to enjoy our weekends. In fact, we just returned from a night in Boston. I love Boston any time of the year, but especially around the holidays. It feels so magical, like I just walked onto a set of a movie.





 I mentioned in a previous post that we like to stay at The Eliot whenever we're in town.
 This is the lobby.
Trust me when I say it is even more beautiful in person.
I'm not sure I've ever seen so much marble used all in one place.
Staying here makes me feel way more glamorous than I actually am.

15 comments:

My Crafty Home Life said...

I love Boston, too. How fun. Yikes, holiday guests...he will finish.

Ashley said...

Ooh, I haven't been to Boston in years, but these pics remind me that I need to plan a trip soon.

Cathy Wall said...

Good for you two, taking advantage of the lull to enjoy yourselves. Everything will come together, I just know it! Simple holiday decor is where it's at girl, no sweat!

DecorandtheDog said...

Boston is on my list of places to visit. And that hotel looks pretty awesome. Fingers crossed for the plaster!!

Maury @ Life on Mars said...

I've only been to Boston once but I'd love to go back. Looks like a great weekend!

Ashley@AttemptsAtDomestication said...

I've never been to Boston, but it's definitely on my list of places to visit one day! It looks gorgeous!

Taylor Greenwalt said...

I have never been to Boston, but the hotel looks beautiful!

Lisa @ Shine Your Light said...

I still think it was worth the wait to have a plasterer do it! It's going to be fabulous. Your weekend in Boston sounds lovely….I am desperate need of one of those soon! I will send this post to my hubby….maybe he'll take the hint :)

Tiffany said...

Love Boston! I stayed at the Newbury guest house last time I was there. Great location, especially since its right next to a creperie;)

pam {simple details} said...

It's been awhile since we've been to Boston, would love to go back, and that hotel...wow! Love those abstracts! Enjoy the down time and throw up some greenery, my favorite look is simple and edited! :)

Holly said...

I was wondering if that was Newbury Street and it appears to be. I've been to Boston a few times but it's been a while and would love to get back again. Glad you guys are enjoying your down time.

lyndsay @ that 70s house said...

i love boston during this time too and i love that hotel, been through the lobby a couple times, but never stayed over :). now i think we need to!

Aubrey {All Things Bright and Beautiful} said...

Boston is definitely one of those places that I am certain I would be in love with at first glance...the perfect New England place! And that hotel looks insanely amazing...absolutely gorgeous!

Calypso In The Country said...

It's been several years since I have been in Boston - love that city!
-Shelley

Elizabeth@themustardceiling said...

I love Boston, I recognized Newbury Street right away. I haven't been in years, your photos brought back so many fun memories. Happy Holidays Carrie!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...