Thursday, December 13, 2012

Two Legs are Better Than Four

I've been on the hunt for the last several months for a small console table to place under the new mirror we bought for our hallway. The problem is that our very narrow hallway has really narrowed down my furniture options.

The idea of a "two-legged" console table turns out to be the perfect solution. ("Two-legged" console can't be the real name of such a thing. A gold star to anyone who can tell me what these are called).

1/2/3/4
Much slimmer than the four legged variety and because they don't have hind legs that bump up against the baseboard, we gain a precious inch by being able to affix the table directly to the wall. 

Now...where to find and purchase such a thing? You all know by now how cheap I am, so I started at my local Salvation Army. I knew it wasn't likely that I'd find exactly what I was looking for there, but I figured I could get a full size table and have Chris cut it down to just the two legs we need. After many visits, I finally found it. 

Marked down to $35 (from $135!!!), it is curvy enough not to be boring but plain enough to let the mirror be the star. All we'll need to do is cut it down and paint it. 

On the way home from picking it up, I noticed that Chris was lost in thought. 
He said he was wondering what kind of saw he'd need to use to cut it. "Oh, that's simple," I told him. "You'd use a table saw". 
"That makes no sense. Why would I use a table saw?" 
"Duh, Chris...because it's a table. To cut a table in half you'd use a table saw."

I'll be here all week ladies and gentlemen. 



14 comments:

Cathy Wall said...

Makes sense to me! Great looking table and perfect solution.

My Crafty Home Life said...

This is so funny, I have been hunting for one for about a year. I am going on Saturday to pick it up....CL. It has some back legs that I plan on cutting off. Can't wait to see yours.

DecorandtheDog said...

Chris seriously needs to get with it. Table saw, duh. I don't understand why that was so hard. ;)

Love the table. Can't wait to see if chopped in half. TWO TABLES!!

Amy@BuffaloRoam said...

Ba-dum psh!

I actually can't wait to see how this turns out. What a cool idea!

Lisa @ Shine Your Light said...

Excellent point on the table saw!!! I'd say LOL but my kids tell me that is SO last year….so I'll just tell you that you made me laugh out loud :)

Maury @ Life on Mars said...

hahahahaha... and that is exactly why I dont offer my husband advice on tools. :-) Can't wait to see the table!

Sarah said...

Ha! That is such nerd decorating DIY humor!! Great find and very cool solution:)

Katie said...

oh, you're so funny! seriously, though- that is funny. :)

Sam said...

That post is why I love you Carrie!

Jessica said...

I can't wait to see the finished product, especially since doing something like this has been on my to do list for a long time. And what a fantastic deal!

As far as the name, I know that half-round tables are called demi-lunes (or maybe demilunes) but I'm not sure if the same applies to a half-rectangle or half-square.

Julie S said...

Bahaha! I like the table. What are you going to do with the rest of it? Hey, you could get TWO two legged consoles out of it... are those things anchored to the wall? I imagine they'd topple over otherwise.

Lyndsey said...

I totally got the joke...hehe. Love the table can't wait to see the final product.

pam {simple details} said...

Oh, the talent over here is endless! DIY and humor, my favorite! Wishing you the Merriest Christmas!

sofia marielle said...

I hope it turns out well. Have a happy holiday sweetie!

philippine real estate

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...