Thursday, January 10, 2013

Illuminated

Remember my quest to find the perfect sconces for my hallway?
Even after all your advice and opinions, I still struggled to make a decision. Turns out, I just hadn't come across the perfect sconce yet.

But then the good folks at Barn Light Electric contacted me and offered a generous discount on a pair of sconces for our hallway in exchange for a mention on Hazardous Design. Ummmm, yes please! But between you and me, I was skeptical that I'd be able to find something that was both elegant and modern from a company with "barn" in their name.

To my surprise, there it was. The sconce I didn't even know I was looking for.
Vista Sconce
And suddenly, a decision was made.

It is sophisticated and timeless, exactly how I hope our hallway will look when we finish it.

Several others caught my eye too...

1/2/3/4

Kinda blows the whole rustic barn light image from your mind, no?


24 comments:

Interior Design Musings said...

Love your pick and yes, they have some totally fabulous stuff! M.

Cathy Wall said...

Perfect choice for your place Carrie, it's a stunner. Your other picks are not too shabby either!

Lisa @ Shine Your Light said...

I love what you chose! Sophisticated and timeless, yes!!

Holly said...

Nice choices and your selection is going to be perfect for your hallway. I like that the shade is black too. Will take a peek over at their site.

Ashley said...

Ooooh, I'm saving these options for later! Love the sconce you chose, Carrie.

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

Those are gorgeous. Lucky you! I want sconces in my master to go at each end of the headboard.

DecorandtheDog said...

Love them! Barn Light Electric is kind of awesome. I mean, it helps when they give you new lights. But still, pretty awesome.

Ashley said...

I adore Barnlight Electric - for both their rustic barn appropriate lights and their fancier stuff!

Jen @ RamblingRenovators said...

Gorgeous light. Love the scale of it. The shade looks huge!

Lisa @ Cozy Condo Living said...

Me love! I'm glad you took your time to find the perfect light AND got a discount.

Laurie said...

Your pick is fantastic - classic. Lucky girl on the deal from a great company.

Maury @ Life on Mars said...

LOVE what you found! It looks perfect and not barny at all :-)

Ashley@AttemptsAtDomestication said...

I love the lights you chose! They have so much great stuff at Barnlight Electric!

Jamie said...

You found the PERFECT light!

Julie Taylor and Danni Greenwalt said...

Love it..its perfect!

Carol@TheDesignPages said...

They're absolutely perfect. Lucky you!!

Sarah said...

Awesome!! Man, the benefits of blogging work out some time, don't they;) Love your choice, the black shade is really cool. Thanks for the new lighting source:)

dndInfotainment p said...

Hi,
I am from Virat Bharat I Saw This Blog. This Is very Informative to our Youth. Really Good If you Want to see our Site You can easily Visit

http://www.viratbharat.com/Education/Education_News.aspx

Thanking You
Puneet Kardam

Linda Pakravan said...

Great choice! Thanks for the tip on Barn Light.

Barbara Jordan Dettweiler said...

I'm definitely impressed! I love your choice, as well as that last brass one! Thanks for the tip on a new source - yes, the name is misleading...:)

http://bjdhausdesign.blogspot.com/

pam {simple details} said...

Beautiful choice, what a statement with the black shades!

Mary Ann at classic•casual•home said...

Really pretty. Barn Light Electric has some great designs and finishes!

Kelly said...

So pretty! I love #2. I want something JUST like that for my bathroom!

Md Rajon said...

hgy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...