Monday, February 4, 2013

A Grand Entrance: Foyer and Hallway Reveal

Ta Da!
I have to say, this project took longer than I anticipated. In fact, it still isn't quite done (as indicated by the exposed heating element), but it is finished enough to show off some before and afters.

Here's what the front entry looked like when we first moved in. Not exactly what I'd call a warm welcome.
Same view today.
The sconces are from Barn Light Electric and the mirror is an antique find that I spray painted Rustoleum's "Safety Red".  Loyal followers will remember the table I picked up from the Salvation Army. I had planned to cut it in half and use it under the mirror, but it doesn't line up right with the molding so we decided not to use it. That's okay. I like the hallway without it. 

Here's another look at the staircase before. Remember that vinyl wallpaper? Gross.
And now. 
We stripped the stairs and bannister then stained them dark dark dark! I hear that's all the rage these days. Chris did a fantastic job hanging all that picture molding.

Upstairs, it used to look like granny lived here. 
But not anymore.
It looks clean and bright with white spindles and fresh paint on the walls. The upstairs hallway still needs to be decorated, but I haven't quite decided what to do up here. It will be a project for another time.

Writing this post is eye opening for me. When you live with something for so long, you kind of grow immune to how bad it looks. The old view from the top of the stairs.
 Today. Let there be light!

Mirror shot.

 Boy, am I glad that's over!
Time to put my feet up and least for a few more weeks. You know I've already got another project brewing...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...