Monday, April 22, 2013

Neutral for the Win!

Phew. It has been a manic last few weeks. Heck, months. I haven't had time to clean my house much less do any renovations to it.

So it feels like a huge accomplishment to have finally picked out a rug for our living room. When I asked you all for your opinion (colorful or neutral), the response was overwhelmingly in favor of a more colorful rug. In fact, I was even in favor of a more colorful rug.

But I kept coming back to this room in the former home of Katie Lee Joel decorated by Nate Berkus. It is sophisticated in its simplicity.
Photo: Evan Joseph
In an uncharacteristically impulse move, I ordered a neutral one from Room and Board. It is so difficult to pick out a rug online, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I'll like it when it gets delivered in a few weeks.
This is by far the most expensive rug I've ever purchased and I have huge concerns that Georgia is going to poop all over it within a few hours. She's lucky she's so cute.
Chris sat her down the other night and explained that if she messes on our new rug he will give her away. She looked at him like she understood, but I'm skeptical. I think I'll start investing in wee wee pads.

















Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...