Tuesday, May 28, 2013

SoBe Style

Hello readers! Did you enjoy the long weekend?
Chris and I just got back from a quick getaway to South Beach, Miami. I'll spare you photos of Chris wearing a Speedo* and get right to the good stuff: the decor and gardens.
 We stayed at the Tides. I'll be honest, the location was noisier than I would have liked (I seem to have outgrown the party scene), but the hotel was amazing. Aren't the sunny yellow and white seat cushions just perfect? How about the sculpted boxwoods in concrete planters? The hollowed out stump-chairs? Sigh...
Inside the lobby you see the work of Kelly Werstler. All those tortoise shells! (Totally fake, btw. She didn't fool me.) 

 Loved these chairs. They kind of mimic the tortoise shells, don't they?

Chris and I spent an afternoon on a self guided hotel bar crawl. (Maybe I haven't totally outgrown the party scene after all...) One of our memorable stops was the patio at the Delano
 Where I sat sipping on a fruity beverage
while gazing out onto this...
 More boxwoods in concrete planters. I am obsessed!


Let's move on to the Raleigh.
I had a bit of hotel envy when we stepped onto the deck. I mentioned in a previous post that we stayed here the last time we were in Miami and I felt a pang of regret that we decided to try somewhere new. The grounds here are just gorgeous. Not to mention the pool. omg, the pool!
 I believe it was here where I first fell in love with bistro bar stools.
They even impressed me with their ice cubes. Fancy, no?
 Inside is just as lovely.


Until next time, Miami!

*For the record, Chris doesn't own a Speedo. Although he threatens to.





Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...