Monday, June 3, 2013

Updates...

My poor husband has been dedicating the last few weekends to installing some complex crown molding in our living room. I'm not even going to attempt to give you step by step photos and instructions because the thought is making my head hurt. Too many steps.
I will show you the soffit he built though.
After he built the soffit, he installed an inverted piece of baseboard molding and egg and dart crown molding underneath it.
Next weekend he'll install another piece of crown on the top of the soffit for a "double crown" effect.

And hopefully be ALL DONE!

Meanwhile I've been keeping myself busy with some simpler DIY projects, like spray painting these old Target side tables gold.
Then I promptly packed the tables back into our storage unit/dining room after the paint dried without taking proper "after" photos first. Bad blogger. Don't worry, they are going in our finished living room eventually, so I'll show them off then.

I also used some of this stuff on our new chest of drawers and on the legs and arms of a pair of chairs we picked up at a yard sale last summer.
 The leg on the left was treated, the leg on the right was not.
 I was so pleased with the way the chairs came out using Restor-A-Finish that I opted not to stain or paint the legs a different color.  Now, I just need to start the impossible task of choosing a fabric to reupholster them in.

Clearly wanting to get in on the action, Harry found himself a nice big pile of sawdust from which he could make tabs on our progress.
Weirdo.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...