Monday, August 11, 2014

Weeks 5 & 6 Kitchen Reno: So Close and Yet So Far

So they tell me we're almost in the home stretch, but you wouldn't know it from the look of things around here. What isn't immediately noticeable is that the rough plumbing and electric work is done and the contractors got the green light from the building inspector to proceed. With that out of the way, the guys were able to spray in the foam insulation.

Oh! And look! We've got a new back door and transom window!

This week is going to be a busy one...we're expecting the new window to be installed, the walls to be sheetrocked and plastered (that's right, I made "sheetrock" a verb), and we're eagerly anticipating the delivery of our cabinets. More to come!

5 comments:

Elizabeth @ The Little Black Door said...

Its going to look amazing. Hang in there!

laura Madalene said...

Your kitchen is so pretty, has that warm and inviting feeling….love all of the decorative touches!
Colored Interior D├ęcor: White and Red Kitchen

Laura@Elegant Nest said...

Yay! for progress! I love the transom window...and I bet you never thought spray on insulation looked so beautiful! Drywall days are messy but exciting. I am getting backsplash tile today...almost done over here!

Laura@Elegant Nest said...

Yay! for progress! I love the transom window...and I bet you never thought spray on insulation looked so beautiful! Drywall days are messy but exciting. I am getting backsplash tile today...almost done over here!

Laura@Elegant Nest said...

Yay! for progress! I love the transom window...and I bet you never thought spray on insulation looked so beautiful! Drywall days are messy but exciting. I am getting backsplash tile today...almost done over here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...