Monday, September 29, 2014

Week ? Kitchen Reno: WILL IT EVER END?

I've stopped counting which week of the kitchen renovation we're in because it was starting to get depressing. I'm pretty sure the end is near though because our contractor says he's on step 10,457 out of 11,000 steps in his plan.  In fact, I'm kind of limited in showing you progress pictures without giving away the whole reveal. Instead we'll just have to get up close and personal.

The hardware was installed last week. As you can see, I've mixed metals AND I DON'T EVEN CARE! Yup, I'm crazy like that. I used brass hardware on the gray cabinetry

and polished nickel hardware on the white cabinetry. (I couldn't bring myself to put brass on the white cabinetry...anyone else with me?).

Wondering how the two finishes would look together haunted me for weeks, but now that I see them together in person, I love it I love it I love it.

The floors were installed last week too. They did a gorgeous job replicating the mahogany inlay of the original floor in the adjoining dining room. Next they'll need to match the finish.
That god-awful orange finish....
Believe me, I'd love to sand and refinish the entire house but that's just not in the cards right now...   time to put the brakes on this renovation.


Right now, all I can think about is unpacking my dishes, stocking the fridge, and moving our dining room furniture back into the dining room. I can't wait to open up a bottle of wine and spend an entire Sunday afternoon with Chris cooking up something fabulous.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...